CinePaint

Deep paint and other open source software tools for motion picture retouching and HDR photography with 8, 16 and 32-bit per channel color.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Open CinePaint Volunteer Positions

CinePaint Embedded Perl Integrator

CinePaint is popular advanced image editing software used by pro photographers and studio visual effects artists.

Are you interested in learning how to embed Perl in a GUI app? A great project for someone who wants to play with Perl and graphics. This project is to port the Perl plug-in from GIMP to CinePaint. Although superficially similar, CinePaint has a more powerful graphics engine that enables it to handle high fidelity image files (such as OpenEXR files output from Blender). GIMP plug-ins usually port easily to CinePaint because the API is similar. Minor C coding (switch/case) is needed to handle interfacing 16-bit and 32-bit color channels. An easy Perl embedding project that doesn't present a high bar. Some knowledge or interest in learning C, Perl, and autotools needed.

CinePaint Mac GTK+ Port Developer

Are you interested in having Linux GTK+ GUI code build natively on Mac OS X without X11? CinePaint has a native Mac port of GTK+ that's made a lot of progress. It works well enough to support simple apps, but not CinePaint yet. Our Mac developer resigned to join Apple. A great project for someone who wants to play with xcode and create ports of popular Linux apps on Mac OS X. Knowledge or desire to master Mac-native GUI API necessary.

CinePaint Macintosh Package Maintainer

CinePaint is popular advanced image editing software used by pro photographers and studio visual effects artists. Are you interested in learning how to build UNIX-based code on Mac OS X? A great project for someone who wants to play with xcode and master the basics of package management on Mac OS X.

1 Comments:

At 23/9/08 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, and thanks for developing on the CinePaint codebase. I have posted my source compilation ./configure options for Gentoo Linux on my blog at amot.wordpress.com

I would like to thank Aedan Kelly for putting in the work to make CinePaint capable of utilizing the GTK+2 widget set. I'm evaluating CinePaint for my Photography purposes, and I hope I like it as much as I have liked the GIMP in the past!

Having moved on to higher bit depth scans and RAW shots, I have to pick up a new toolset. CinePaint seems as though it will fit best into my workflow for a raster image editor replacing the 8-bit per channel editor I've become familiar with.

There are other options out there, but I see CinePaint has a bit more activity and community, and I hope it does well! LOVE the LOGO!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home