CinePaint

Deep paint and other open source software tools for motion picture retouching and HDR photography with 8, 16 and 32-bit per channel color.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

CinePaint and Debian

An update on our Debian situation.

- CinePaint removed from Debian testing because Debian has dropped GTK1.

- Thanks to Kai-Uwe Behrmann, CinePaint supports GTK2 now.

- CinePaint's Debian maintainer retired. Nobody to upload GTK2 CinePaint.

- Thanasis Kinias, who's posted CinePaint bug reports since 2006, has objected to Debian about CinePaint being removed.

http://bugs.debian.org/437837#25
http://bugs.debian.org/437837#34

- Ongoing discussion at debian-multimedia@lists.debian.org

- Aedan Kelly may become the new maintainer. He's a maintainer for Sidux, a Debian-derived distro (http://sidux.com)

- Trying to find out what we need to do next.

3 Comments:

At 15/2/08 4:50 AM, Blogger fotoworks said...

Appreciate your efforts to get cinepaint back into Debian.
As a cinepaint user without deep technical skills (I am a photographer)I have changed my main desktop distribution from Debian Lenny to PCLinuxos Digital Photography edition where I have cinepaint and a good selection of other photography tools to work with.

Just thought I'd let you know

 
At 12/8/08 2:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for your efforts !

 
At 11/9/09 5:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good work. I'm using Mepis 8, Pclinuxos dosnt work very well on my pc. I hope to have Cinepaint again, is a great application. Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home